September saw the beginning of the new Squash season. As always, the season curtain raiser took place at the New Curry Centre and, as you can see, the heat was too much for some…
The 1st team started their campaign with arguably the hardest fixture of the season. They travelled to West Worthing with a depleted side and despite their best efforts could only come away with a handful of points.
The problem with semi-professional athletes is as soon as they are free to take a break; they take full advantage and sometimes go too far. This summer was no different. The superstars of Bluecoats hit it hard and as a result, the 1st team was found wanting.
It was a similar story for the 2nd team, as their season opener was away to Middleton. However, they were able to bounce back to victory in their home fixture against Midhurst. Marcus Leake came up with the crucial win; a 3-2 victory at 1 string.
The biggest clash across all 9 Divisions in Sussex was the Div. 4 West fixture between Bluecoats 3rd and 4th teams. Vas Burdujan was the only winner for the 4ths, a creditable 3-1 victory over 3rd team captain Piers Chadwick.
On behalf of everyone at Bluecoat Sports I would like to congratulate 1st team player Simon Millard on the birth of his second daughter; Rebecca Joy Millard.
From September, the following Squash Sessions will be available and taken by myself:
• Individual and Group Coaching
• Beginners (5+) Squash – Wednesday 17:00-17:45
• Squashercise for Ladies of ALL standards – Monday 9.30-10.30
• Club Night – Every other Thursday (commencing 24th September) 19:30-21:30
• Junior Coaching (9+) with Level 4 and current Sussex Coach Graham Stevenson – Friday 18-45-20.15 (from October half-term 17.00-18.30)
• Team Training and Doubles – Saturday 9:00-11:00
Club Coach, No.1 and Poster Boy