Click here to download the Pool Timetable.
Find out more about our pool
Here at Bluecoat Sports our 25 metre sparkling swimming pool is waiting for you. For swimmers of all ages and abilities, you can train for that competition or swim to relax and wind down.
25 metres long
1.8 metres at its deepest
Shallow at both ends
We’ve taught hundreds of children to learn to swim and we’ve seen many of our swimmers win galas. You can join in with a class or swim by yourself, with over 20 classes to choose from, there’s something to suit everyone.
All ages can exercise and train safely
You’ll find we keep the water at just the right temperature, so swimmers of all ages feel comfortable in the pool. There’s plenty of room for that aqua aerobics class or swimming training with our six lane pool. It’s 1.8m deep in the middle and we’ve made the pool shallow at both ends for ease of use.
Plus, you’ll know you’re in safe hands as one of our lifeguards is always watching what’s going on in the water. And for when you’ve finished that swim, you can relax in the Sauna and finish with a refreshing shower in the changing rooms.
Swimming is a fantastic form of exercise no matter what your age. It gives you a full body workout and is an incredibly important life skill to have. The water helps to support you whilst you exercise and offers resistance, giving a more effective workout with less risk of injury.
Our swimming pool activities
Whether you’ve only just started swimming or you’ve been swimming for years, we have something for everyone here at the Bluecoat Sports swimming pool.
There’s a wide range of activities and classes on offer in the pool:
- Beginner, Improver and Advanced swimming classes to help you learn to swim, improve your stokes and develop your swimming
- Aqua Aerobics is a fun exercise class giving you a whole body cardiovascular workout using the resistance of the water
- Deep Water Aqua Aerobics is the next level of aqua aerobics, taking you out of your depth with aqua belts!
- SwimFit is a fun and effective way to improve your technique and stamina, in a class or by yourself
- Aqua-Natal Yoga for pregnant mums to help you relax and stretch whilst the water supports you
It’s not just the adults who get to enjoy the pool, we have plenty of opportunities for the kids to get in the water too! Our courses and activities include:
- Barracudas; a non competitive swimming club on Monday and Friday evenings
- Rookie Lifesaving for age 8 upwards for those budding lifeguards
- SwimFit for older children to build their stamina and improve their technique
- Intensive holiday swim courses including beginners, stroke clinics, flip’n fun, aqua extreme and snorkelling
- Fun Splash to help the kids work off some energy and enjoy the pool at the same time!
You can book 1:1 classes for your children if they’d benefit from some more intensive tuition to help build their confidence and develop their strokes. We also offer 1:1 classes for the grown ups too, whether you want to learn to swim, improve your strokes or train for a competition.
Check our timetables
If you want to get some lengths under your belt or perhaps just have a relaxing swim, we have member’s pool sessions in the morning, lunchtime and evenings.
Please check the timetable for availability as they do vary in term time due to Christ’s Hospital School swimming pool sessions. During the holidays we have a special holiday swimming timetable in place to give you more opportunities to swim.