Benefits and safety
Swimming is considered to be a very safe form of exercise as the buoyancy of the water means it is low impact and gentle on your joints. It helps strengthen your heart and lungs, reduces stress and can even help your confidence; we think these are fantastic reasons to take that dip!
Of course, your safety is of paramount importance to us. You can enjoy your swim safe in the knowledge there is a lifeguard always on duty. Our friendly lifeguards are always happy to help with any questions you may have and are there for the well being of all our swimmers.
For our younger Bluecoat Sports members, we have plenty of opportunities for them to get into the water and build their confidence and abilities. From beginners to advanced, there is something for all the little fish! Our timetable includes:
- Beginners and advanced swim lessons for school-age swimmers with our swim school instructors
- 1-1 lessons (these aren’t just for the kids, we help adults get to grips with swimming too!)
- Barracudas; a non-competitive swimming club on Monday and Friday evenings
- Rookie Lifesaving for age 8 upwards
- Swimfit for older children to build their stamina and improve their technique
- Intensive holiday swim courses including beginners, stroke clinics, flip’n fun, aqua extreme and snorkelling.*
*These are free for our current Swim School Members
Adults Courses and Classes
If you’re thinking the kids have all the fun, there’s plenty at Bluecoat Sports swimming pool for the adults too!
With beginners and improvers classes, we can help build your confidence in the water or help you improve your current techniques. If you’re taking part in a triathlon or open water event, come along to our front crawl clinic to help you power on through. And for the advanced swimmers amongst you, we have classes to build your endurance and take you to the next level.
Swimming Pool Timings
We always aim to have pool sessions for members in the morning, lunchtime and evenings, however exact times vary from term to term due to Christ’s Hospital School. In the holidays, there’s a special holiday timetable in place with even more opportunities for you to enjoy the pool.
Get up-to-date information about our pool opening times on our timetable. It’s easy to book a session in advance with our online booking system.