The Institute of Qualified Lifeguards is part of the Royal Life Saving Society (RISS) – a leading provider of lifeguard and lifesaving training in the UK. The NPLQ is widely recognised and can lead to employment opportunities as a lifeguard at home and abroad.
Forthcoming Course Dates –
- 5th – 9th July 2016
- 24th – 28th October 2016
Assessment dates to be confirmed.
Course Overview –
The NPLQ 8th Edition meets all the criteria for the training and certification of pool lifeguards. It is accepted by the majority of swimming pools as the benchmark qualification needed to work as a lifeguard.
- Must be at aged 16 and above
- Jump/Dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front & back
- Tread water for 30 seconds in deep water
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out unaided without the aid of a ladder/steps
Course Syllabus Outline –
Training for this qualification is split into three sections (or QCF units).
- The Lifeguard, Swimming Pool and Supervision
- Intervention, Rescue and Emergency Action Plan
- CPR, AED and First Aid.
Once all of the above sections are complete an assessment is carried out by an Independent Assessor.
Course Duration –
5 Days typically 08.30 – 18.00
The course fee is £210 which included the RLSS course manual together with all the assessment and certification costs.
How to Book –
Please complete an enrolment form by clicking here and then book your space below.