Sports & Remedial Massage
In 2006 Lesley trained with the LSSM in Sports & Remedial Massage and is registered with the ISRM (Institute of Sports & Remedial Massage Therapists). The ISRM qualification in Clinical Sport & Remedial Massage has become the benchmark for quality training in the UK. On the basis of this, Lesley was qualified to work at the 2012 Olympics.
Through Continual Professional Development, Lesley continues to train in advanced techniques via the LSSM & associates.
The health benefits of massage extend way beyond just soothing aches, pains and sports injuries. People have been using remedial massage as a way of relaxing for a long time now, but a recent study suggests that a rubdown is much better for you than you would think:
- Help prevent injury
- Aid recovery time
- Improve muscle flexibility
- Aid in relaxation and general well being
- Re-model adhesions and scar tissue
- Assist in mental preparation for sporting participation
Lesley qualified as a Lymphatic Massage Specialist with the VODDER School of Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) Massage and is registered with MLDuk, the UK’s governing body.
Lesley receives consultant referrals from the Montefiore Hospital, Hove and elsewhere, to work on pre & post operative Cosmetic Surgery patients to speed up the tissue healing process, helping to reduce pain, bruising, swelling and scaring.
MLD’s efficacy has been proven in clinical trials. It is one of the ‘Super Therapies’.
This is one of the most gentle, but powerful of treatments, where the therapist uses specialized, rhythmical pumping techniques to stimulate the lymph in the direction of lymph flow.
Here are a few of the many health problems MLD can you with:
• Eliminates toxic build-up in tissue & strengthens the immune system.
• Assists all pre and post-cosmetic surgery by reducing the healing time, pain, bruising and swelling.
• Relieves many chronic conditions such as chronic sinusitis, chest infections and catarrh.
• Relieves irritable Bowel Syndrome and constipation.
• Reduces Arthritic and rheumatic pain.
• Alleviates symptoms of ME.
• Controls migraines.
• Helps reduce all forms of post-operative swelling.
• Relieves stress, anxiety and tension.
• Restores hormonal imbalances (puberty, pre & post-pregnancy, menopause).
• Relieves fluid congestion, such as puffy eyes & face, swollen legs & ankles, Menstrual bloating and pregnancy fluid retention..
If you would like more information or to book an appointment, please contact Lesley direct: