We are excited to introduce an Aqua-Natal Yoga class, a water based activity which is one of the best things you can do for your body, mind and baby whilst pregnant.
Why take Aqua-Natal Yoga classes?
Aqua-natal Yoga allows pregnant women to stretch as their babies grow, without straining, to avoid impact and overheating and to access deep relaxation. Simple, classic yoga poses are adapted to the water, making exercise enjoyable for all.
Being in the water whilst pregnant offers a sense of calmness and relaxation and facilitates positive emotions in pregnancy. The water supports the mother’s body and her growing baby, enabling stretching and exercise in ways that cannot be achieved out of the water.
Classes are excellent for swimmers and non-swimmers alike and are especially good for those suffering from pelvic pain, backache and SPD. It is also a great way to meet other mums-to-be in a safe and supportive environment.
Some studies suggest that once a baby arrives, they will find the familiar sounds of the pool relaxing when you take them swimming.
The benefits of Aqua-Natal Yoga:
- To stretch and strengthen the spinal and abdominal muscles
- To expand breathing capacity and improve sleep
- To relax deeply and release worries or fears
- To open the pelvis and prepare for labour and birth
- To enjoy a gravity-free environment
- To connect with your growing baby
Staying fit before, during and after pregnancy is important for a healthy mum and baby. For more tips read our Fit & Fantastic Pregnancy blog. Just remember to always consult with your GP or midwife before starting an exercise program.
- The class will run on Friday evenings 7.30pm to 8.15pm.
- Booking is highly recommended as places are limited.
- The class is free for members and for non-members it is £5.60.
For more information or to book on, please call reception on 01403 247 572.
We look forward to seeing you and helping you on your new and exciting journey into parenthood.